Home of the minor hockey Generals and IceBreakers
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. - Wayne Gretzky
Rep/Development Team Tryouts and Recreational Conditioning Camp
Changes and schedules (2013/2014 Season)
1) Rep and Development Team tryouts: Aug 26th-Aug 31 (some individual player evaluations may continue thru the Conditioning Camp week ending Sept 8th)
2) One optional conditioning ice slot may be available the week of Aug 19-23rd for those registered for Rep/Development tryouts.
3) Conditioning Camps for registered Recreational (house) players: Sept 3- Sept 7th
4) Recreation (house) evaluations & formulations of teams: Sept 8th- Sept 22
Rational supporting the changes:
* Aligns OMHA tryouts and conditioning camps with other VI Associations enabling Rep Exhibition Games to be scheduled the 2nd weekend of September as the teams will be formed.
* Removes the week long break that historically occurred for recreation players between the end of Conditioning Camp (last week of August) and the 1st week of September when Rep tryouts were scheduled.
* Rep/Development players will have practice ice scheduled with their teams during the Conditioning Camp week (1st week of Sept)
* Recreational players will now go straight to team evaluations after the Conditioning Camp week.
Notice for Competitive coaches for the 2013-2014 season
For those coaches interested in being considered for coaching OMHA competitive teams for the 2013-2014 season, coaching applications must be submitted to OMHA by June 30, 2013. Initial registration numbers indicate OMHA intends to field the following competitive teams:
Midget Tier 2, Bantam Tier 2, Bantam Tier 3, PeeWee Tier 2, and Atom Dev A
Tips for Successful Coaching
John Wooden: The Difference between winning and succeeding
Overbearing Parents Ruin Minor Hockey for Kids
Hockey news article